This week we spoke with Frank, our COO & Interactive Media Genius, on the topic of properly using, adding and posting images. Keep this post handy the next time you are uploading and tagging your images into your blog! 1) Use at least one image in every post
• A picture is worth a thousand words
• They help make an article more appealing
2) Use the RIGHT image
• It should be reflective of the topic
• The file name should reflect the topic (rename before uploading).
• avoid things like DSC12345.jpg
• Search engines not only crawl the text on your page, they also search for keywords within your image file names.
• Do not keyword stuff your alt tags (for example: alt=”martial arts karate mma classes best taekwondo judo fighter”) use keyword relevant to what the image portrays, think natural search (alt= Karate Kids Kicking).
3) Use the right size
• Scale your image to the largest size you need. Loading a 1920×1080 picture that only displays at 250×150 can slow your site down and hurt your SEO.
4) Alt text and title text
• Users using a screen reader due to a visual impairment get their information about the picture from the alt text
• Most browsers will display the value of an image element’s title attribute as a tool-tip when you hover your mouse cursor over it. It’s used to provide non-essential information, for example the mood of the image.
Master Tracy Thomas and his team at “Go2KarateSites” are the real deal.
There are VERY few people in the Martial Arts Industry who really know how to truly leverage the marketing power of the internet. Even fewer yet, who can actually execute the plan. Master Tracy Thomas and his team at “Go2Karate” are the real deal. There is an awful lot of REALLY bad advice and shoddy services in our industry, especially when it comes to internet marketing. But Master Thomas and his team of developers are true professionals who are delivering REAL results for their clients. Whether you need a website that delivers new prospective students to your door, online marketing services (SEO, SEM, Pay Per Click Management etc…) or social couponing (Groupon, Living Social, Amazon Local etc…), Go2Karate are now our “go to guys”. The Go2Karate team have “cracked the code” on getting traffic to your site, and getting it converted into intros and paying students. I’m HIGHLY recommending the Go2Karate systems for all our NAPMA members, Coaching Clients and frankly, any school owner.
Master Toby Milroy
Get More New Students Today
Our sites can get you the new student leads for your Martial Arts School!