This week we spoke with Frank, our COO & Interactive Media Genius, on the topic of properly using, adding and posting images. Keep this post handy the next time you are uploading and tagging your images into your blog! 1) Use at least one image in every post
• A picture is worth a thousand words
• They help make an article more appealing
2) Use the RIGHT image
• It should be reflective of the topic
• The file name should reflect the topic (rename before uploading).
• avoid things like DSC12345.jpg
• Search engines not only crawl the text on your page, they also search for keywords within your image file names.
• Do not keyword stuff your alt tags (for example: alt=”martial arts karate mma classes best taekwondo judo fighter”) use keyword relevant to what the image portrays, think natural search (alt= Karate Kids Kicking).
3) Use the right size
• Scale your image to the largest size you need. Loading a 1920×1080 picture that only displays at 250×150 can slow your site down and hurt your SEO.
4) Alt text and title text
• Users using a screen reader due to a visual impairment get their information about the picture from the alt text
• Most browsers will display the value of an image element’s title attribute as a tool-tip when you hover your mouse cursor over it. It’s used to provide non-essential information, for example the mood of the image.
I would like to give a BIG THANK YOU to Go2KarateSites for building our Changing Lives Martial Arts marketing e-commerce site.
This ISN’T just a website its a marketing site that earns us NEW students daily. They have created an amazing system that placed our marketing pieces together for us. From local searches to a quality built marketing site we now dominate the internet, in our communities. In addition they are managing all of our digital coupons such as Groupon, Living Social etc. These coupons never worked before on our own. I can truly see the benefit of Go2Karate.com connecting or as they call it, placing the puzzle pieces together 4 U. Over 3,000 Coupons sold and our marketing site is producing new students each day. We give every student a free uniform or Go2Karate® that every student loves. While they use it in town it send people to the Go2Karate® marketing site and they can find our marketing site or our offer on the Go2Karate® site. I’m excited about what is being done for our Changing Lives Martial Arts school and am told we sold more coupons then any other school in the nation! THANK YOU, THANK YOU THANK YOU to Go2KarateSites.com!
Master Tracy Thomas
Get More New Students Today
Our sites can get you the new student leads for your Martial Arts School!